Social Security

check you meet these requirements

Social Security has announced 4 different payments for retirees in January. In this case, the Supplemental Security Income checks will not arrive in January. This is because New Year is a holiday and the Administration will send that money on December 29 instead.

The dates you need to save for January are four, but obviously, you will only be interested in one or two. The day when you or your spouse collect your Social Security retirement benefits. If you started receiving retirement benefits before May 1997, your next payday will be January 3, 2024.

Those who did not get money before May 1997 will get their Social Security checks depending on their birth date. December 13, birthday from 1-10, December 20, birthday from 11-20, and December 27, 21-31.


There are millions of American retirees collecting retirement and disability benefits. Therefore, there can be delays for several reasons. For example, some retirees have changed their bank account and have a new one and they did not report it to the Administration.

It is always advisable to wait for a few days before you contact the Social Security Administration

So, in this case, you must contact Social Security to inform about this change to update your bank account information. If you always get your payment on time and you do not have a new financial institution or bank, contact your bank first.

Hence, it is of vital importance that you do not contact the Social Security Administration. It is likely that they have not been able to process the payment for any difficulty they may have had.

Remember that the Administration recommends waiting for three mailing days if you have not received your check. So, do not worry if you do not get it on the exact pay date.


If you have contacted your bank or financial institution, and have waited for three mailing days, it is time to call the Social Security Administration. It is a free call, so do not worry about not having enough credit to call them.

The number to call SSA is 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). If you do not want to call the Administration because you are not keen to talk on the phone you can visit your local Social Security office.

After reporting the missing payment, they will have to review your case and see what has happened. As soon as they find out that your payment is due, they will proceed to replace it.

Sometimes retirees forget to inform Social Security about the fact that they have changed their address. Any changes should be reported in order to avoid any delays. Even if you get a direct deposit, keep your information updated.

Related Articles

Back to top button